Health and Fitness Club

I think Ive totally let myself down. I used to be fairly fit and was on a general path to good fitness and health. I could run 3 miles in half an hour and did that at least three times a week, I would do 100 sit ups in the morning and 100 at night. I eschewed the chocolate bars, oven chips and so forth in favour of salads and grilled and steamed food (healthy for us both). Now, I have a saggy belly, I feel so stiff and unfit I can’t tell you. Ive got spots, I’m miserable and I NEED to eat chocolate bars. Where did it all go wrong? Having a baby, frankly. I felt I couldn’t do as much exercise and certainly no sit ups and so forth. The slippery slope started and I fell down it. Hourly to two hourly feeding at night meant that I had to grab something quick to eat to fill my energy needs and before I knew it I was back addicted to chocolate.
I need to do something, so today I launch the BEING A MUMMY HEALTH and FITNESS CLUB. (BMHFC– not the most catchy moniker). I’m starting with these easy resolutions:

• I’m not going to buy any chocolate or sweets this week
  • I’m going to do at least 10 sit up and 10 press ups each morning and evening
  • I’m going to try to cook healthier dinners
  • I’m going to try to do at least 5 minutes per day on the trampette

To join my club, use the comments section and each time we have a BMHFC report I’ll include yours….

1. Alex 12th November 2007 / 4:09 pm

Sign me up! I need to lose half a Miles 🙂

2. chen 12th November 2007 / 7:56 pm

The chocolate addiction is hard to beat, you are not the only one. May be you should start BCMC (Being Chocoholic Mummy Club).

3. cartside 12th November 2007 / 11:15 pm

A whole week without chocolate???? You must be joking. That&#39;s torture.<br><br>Can you get Paula Radcliffe to join, where is her saggy belly I would like to know. Did she really have a baby or did she secreteley adopt it? <br>grumble.

4. Jen 13th November 2007 / 2:19 pm

Nothing wrong with Chocolate – us non-baby people use it too get through the working day. Best too have a Mars Bar then a can of coke if your too busy for lunch and need the energy to commute for 2 hours home.

5. Alex 13th November 2007 / 3:38 pm

2 hours? We can get to Brighton on the train from here in 1 hour 40!

6. moonmamma 13th November 2007 / 8:23 pm

having lost 25 pounds of my post abby weight now, i feel far too virtuos to join this club (would this be a good time to mention my baby is 16 in january?!!)