A Lesson; Check the toybox regularly




Our living room is absolutely chock full of toys, its like a sort of toy jumble sale, after a herd of elephants have visited and trampled on everything. The situation is so bad that we are often forced to the safety of our bedroom after the kids have gone to sleep, just so we can have a view that’s free of small red, yellow, green and blue plastic things. So, I decided to have my monthly clear out and remove to toddler’s bedroom operation.
This was when I discovered penicillin. EURGHHHHHHHHH! Lurking within the boot of one of the toy cars was the mould pictured above. The worrying thing is that the growth was quite big, indeed I would go so far as saying it might be a couple of weeks of growth. I suspect toddler boy has been checking on its progress as he has been taking a bit of interest in the aforementioned toy recently and I just assumed he was doing his usual sort of play.
As far as I’m aware, this sort of mould gives off tiny spores into the atmosphere, OMG we have been breathing them in! They have been spreading, mutating like swine flu or something similar. I thought hubby has been behaving strangely recently. Who knows what I’ll find stowed away next time I do some cleaning…

SHARE:

6 Responses

  1. Alex 8th June 2009 / 1:51 pm

    And the moral of this story is: don't do any cleaning and you wont find yucky stuff.

  2. clareybabble 8th June 2009 / 2:49 pm

    LOL! I'm sure a little bit of mould won't hurt…I found a mouldy apple under the sofa the other day – disgusting!

  3. Perfectly Happy Mum 8th June 2009 / 3:16 pm

    You want to talk about mould, lets talk about mould! It is growing, breeding, slowly creeping in every corner of our bathroom!!!! I just can&#39;t stand it anymore. I clean, dry, clean and dry again and it reappears in another corner and inside the bath toys! That&#39;s plain degueulasse (disgusting in French). I have had enough… <br><br>On another note I also had enough of all the colourful

  4. Amy 8th June 2009 / 6:02 pm

    lol! I&#39;ve found a growth on a toy before thanks to a pool of orange juice..always a pleasure! x

  5. cartside 9th June 2009 / 3:27 pm

    Looks suspiciously similar to a plate I discovered in our dishwasher yesterday. It had been in there for only 4 days.<br><br>Yuck.<br><br>I have to admit that I dealt with it very responsibly by turning on the dishwasher.

  6. moonmamma 24th June 2009 / 8:20 pm

    I would recommend checking out the bath toys with a receptacle to hand to throw up in!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *