Cost Benefit Analysis; Husbands

Uses/ Benefit

1. Load him up like a packhorse with children. Illustrated by the image where he has the capability of carrying both toddler and baby.
2. The washing up
3. Driving the car at the weekend
4. Heavy digging work in the garden
5. Building things, DIY, including in particular painting ceilings
6. Setting up, sourcing and using complex electronic equipment
7. Stinky nappy changes at weekends
8. Cleaning the fishtank
9. Massage duties
10. General person to moan to
11 Producer of baby sperm
12. Someone to love

1. Dinner needs cooking
2. Ironing shirts
3. Must engage in conversation; can be tricky when tired

As you can see its worth getting/ having one πŸ™‚

1. Hannah 2nd June 2009 / 9:20 am

We even cheat on the shirt front in this house and buy Van Heusen non iron shirts which really don't need ironing if they've been hung neatly from a hanger to dry! I don't do ironing unless I really need to πŸ™‚

2. Muddling Along Mummy 2nd June 2009 / 11:36 am

That is so true … My list of benefits is very close to you but I have the stinky husband problem on the cost side … tricky very tricky <br><br>LOL

3. clareybabble 2nd June 2009 / 12:44 pm

Hehehe, sounds exactly like my husband, except I&#39;d have to add empty bins and bath time duties to the list! πŸ˜€ x

4. Amy 2nd June 2009 / 2:30 pm

lol! I love this post! Excellant!

5. allgrownup 2nd June 2009 / 3:01 pm

Ha ha, this is fab. Have you ever thought of getting a soft-structured carrier for your little ones? Much comfier and less complicated than those with buckles/metal bars to keep them in place. On BMB, my profile picture is hubby carrying 19m old in a mai-tai carrier. One size fits all! (Mummy, Daddy, toddler, newborn, grandparents etc etc…) If you&#39;re interested,I can recommend some

6. zooarchaeologist 2nd June 2009 / 3:54 pm

Charlies Dad; Yes for sure!<br>Hannah; good idea<br>Clarey; Ta!<br>All grown up; yes, I have a Kari-me which I use al the time- hubby is 6ft 4 tall and nearly that wide and there is no chance of getting any wrap style carrier to fit him- we have tried- honest! πŸ™‚

7. allgrownup 2nd June 2009 / 6:41 pm

Ha ha, my hubby is only 5ft7, so our mai-tai and storch wrap fir us both fine! Bless you. It&#39;s nice to bump into other babywearers πŸ™‚

8. Eddie 2-Sox 2nd June 2009 / 7:44 pm

Urgh. I don&#39;t want another wife, never mind a bloody husband….

9. Rebel Mother 2nd June 2009 / 10:03 pm

I&#39;ve got one, but he doesnt do all that though!<br><br>However, his review is due I&#39;ll have to get him to sign another contract….if he&#39;s lucky enough.<br><br>Great post RMx

10. Sandy Calico 3rd June 2009 / 7:25 am

I guess you&#39;ll have to keep him then!!<br>I wonder though if you listed out everything you did and compared it to what he does what the balance would be then? πŸ™‚

11. Alex 3rd June 2009 / 11:57 am

Hey Sandy, I do a 50 hour working week on top of that too I&#39;ll have you know :)<br><br>(and bath time/bins)

12. Sandy Calico 3rd June 2009 / 1:05 pm

I&#39;m sorry Alex, I did not intend to cause offence, it was meant to be a light-hearted remark.<br>My husband&#39;s list would be very similar, just substitute &#39;change cat litter&#39; for &#39;clean fish tank&#39; and you&#39;re pretty much there.<br>I&#39;m glad you&#39;re appreciated.

13. Alex 3rd June 2009 / 8:51 pm

No worries Sandy, I sometimes forget when I type people can&#39;t see the big grin on my face πŸ˜‰