I’ve been so busy recently, I feel like i’m swimming round and round in circles, like these ducks. I am so far behind on the laundry, dusting, hoovering, tidying, general cleaning, gardening and cooking, that I can’t even begin to tell you how messy this house is. The mother – in – law has silently condemned the place, offering to come and tidy and clean whilst I’m holiday. This lack of ability to do anything has spilled over into the blog, where I have been tagged by a number of different people and haven’t had a chance to do anything about it. However, I thought I had better do my good deed for the week and respond to Amy’s tag
as recycling is an important issue, one that Ive discussed here quite a lot and one that Ive not been very good at since baby Fifi was born.
Amy has flagged up Recycle week to me, basically a chance to make a pledge to do a bit better with an aspect of your recycling I have decided that for recycle week (and the foreseeable future as I’m a bit late on this one). I am going to recycle textiles. This is actually a bit of a cop- out for me and I have a burgeoning love of sewing. I’m actually getting quite good at re-crafting clothes and Ive a wardrobe full of freshly made ‘designer’ stuff.
I do tend to waste the scraps though, so I think I am going to use them to make a quilt, something that I have never done before. I have been inspired by One Girl
who I found via Metropolitan Mum’s
blog which is just fab. If I don’t manage to do this, I’m up for mowing the lawn. Thereby achieving weight loss exercise and peace as my forfeit. Its a win-win situation!
Now, I have to tag five other bloggers, I’m hoping they might have a go, even though its a bit late in the week:
Little Garden Helpers
– I’m sure we would all like to hear some of your tips on what you can do in with stuff the garden!
Anjie- I bet her re-cycling even looks nice!
Metropolitan Mum- I don’t think she has been tagged and it would be good to hear some tips from a German/ Swiss/ British perspective!
Mrs C- A local blogger to me
Vic at Glowstars- Because I don’t think Ive tagged her before and I love reading her blog!
I’m incredibly lazy so, Ive pinched the rules straight off Amy:
1. Visit http://www.recyclenow.com/ and sign up to one of the pledges to waste less.
2. Share the details of your pledge on your own blog.
3. Chose five other bloggers, who will also be up for a bit of recycling fun.
4. Come back to this post at The Rubbish Diet and share your pledge with others, by placing a link to your pledge in the comments field.
5. Optional – as a thank you to all involved The Rubbish Diet will be publishing a British Mummy Bloggers’ Recycle Week carnival on Monday 29th June. To be included, simply submit your favourite post revealing the progress of your pledge by Saturday 27th June – email to karen[at]therubbishdiet[dot]co[dot]uk.