Sod the Isle of Wight Festival i’m off to the British Mummy Bloggers meet

This weekend I had a choice, the Isle of Wight Festival or the BMB get together at the Rainforest Cafe. The Pixies and Neil Young are perhaps my most favourite musical artists in the whole world ever. No choice there then, a free lunch it is. And I’m glad I went along too, after all, I can relive my youth via ITV 2, but I cant meet other like minded sorts via the television. Yet! oh, unless I enter some sort of panel show I suppose.

Silver Cross are the fab British company that sponsors British Mummy Bloggers, and generous they are with it. No crisps and cheap wine on offer here. A big stuff yourself, sod the diet, eatathon. With added storms, as it was in the Rainforest Cafe after all. Toddler boy doesn’t really like storms, so he was a bit traumatised every half hour. But you cant have everything and he loved his pizza and the wallet he got in his goody bag.

I also managed to blag the Doodle Highchair to review, I feel blessed. Ive been very lucky recently getting the Halo buggy. Or perhaps Ive developed a lot of front and pushiness in asking. I have to admit, since most people took the train, think I was also in the minority of people who could actually take it home. Slightly hindered by baby Fifi, I didn’t manage to chat to everyone, but I did meet Metropolitan Mum, Surprise Mum, Maternal Tales, Thames Valley Mum, Notes from Inside my Head, And One More Means Four, Part Mummy, Part Me, London Mum and Perfectly Happy Mum. Not to forget Daddacool, who I already know, but was good at balancing the babies. I apologise if Ive missed anyone! I’m still suffering baby brain.It was great to meet so many people there many of them feel like I already know, as Ive spent time reading their blogs. I also met Susanna head mummy blogger, hats off to her and Amy for organising such a great event.
I’m not good at talking to people I don’t know, it reminds me of cringe worthy university freshers week moments. However, everyone was friendly and chatty which was great. Thanks for being nice to me and making me feel part of it. Blogging is a special little world and I’m glad to be involved. To join British Mummy Bloggers click on the box at the bottom of the page.

1. Anonymous 15th June 2009 / 8:41 am

The Pixies were playing!!!!!! Oh well, I got the buggy and car seat to try out … I have really and truly left my youth back when the Pixies were first cool, <br><br>Really great to meet you and your lovely family. Looking forward to keeping up with you online and hopefully the next gathering!!<br><br>Laura from London-Baby

2. Then There Were Three 15th June 2009 / 9:25 am

I went to the IOW and it was great but everyone seemed to have a great time at the meet up too ….<br><br>I hope I can make the next gathering. We will be at Butlins 🙂

3. Womanatwork 15th June 2009 / 9:39 am

I&#39;d love to meet you guys but it&#39;s a bit too much of a trek from Leeds. Glad you had a great time!

4. Metropolitan Mum 15th June 2009 / 10:25 am

Oh yes, you could enter BB – and blog about it. All the dirty little details…<br>Great to have met you yesterday! And you have been a pleasure to talk to, no university freshers moments whatsoever. <br><br>xx MM

5. Laura McIntyre 15th June 2009 / 10:34 am

Im jealous as the meet up looks great, would have been lovely to meet up with so many other parent bloggers.<br>Yah on getting the products to test, do you get to keep them in the end?

6. clareybabble 15th June 2009 / 8:29 pm

Glad you had a great time, hope to be at the next meet! x

7. Maternal Tales 15th June 2009 / 10:23 pm

Great to meet you and hubby and beautiful kiddies. Next time we&#39;ll have to have a round table so we get to chat a bit more! Really enjoyed it x

8. Part Mummy Part Me 16th June 2009 / 8:30 am

Lovely to meet you. Hope to chat for longer next time.<br><br>I&#39;m very impressed with you missing the IoW festi.<br><br>We&#39;re taking Ella to Camp Bestival at the end of July. Lots for grown-ups and lots for kiddies. Mr Tumble will be there!! P J Harvey!! Kid Creole and the Coconuts!!<br><br>Strangely enough, Ella is most excited about the knitting tent…she can&#39;t wait to learn :-)<br

9. The wife of bold 16th June 2009 / 4:58 pm

Glad you had such a great time and i am impressed you managed to bag yourself a buggy too 🙂