I Love Playmobil

The other day a little Playmobil rowing boat, with a sailor and a Killer Whale sailed right up to the front door. It was obviously helped by our local postman, Pat. In the deep, dark cavernous recesses of my mind, I seem to recall agreeing to do a review of some Playmobil. But that was ages ago. There was no note or anything to this effect in the boat, so perhaps this is just a gift from God. Who knows?

What I do know, is that it is the most lovely finely crafted piece of plastic I have seen. Nice to touch, realistic in a nice way and it matches the policeman, police car with hazard triangle we already own. In a, people you might find at the quay kind of way. I’m tempted to throw away all the other toys. Playmobil appeals to the museum curator in me. It looks nice, feels solid and seems safe. According to the catalogue, there are two types of Playmobil: 123 and the normal stuff. We currently own items from the 123 range. I have even allowed baby Fifi to have a play with it. She likes it a lot! As you can see from the pictures. Please excuse the boys baby grow, she did a big poo just when I ran out of nice girly babygrows for her to lounge about in. Toddler boy likes it too, in fact, he has already picked out what he wants from the catalogue. Father Christmas is working on the order already.

1. Womanatwork 29th July 2009 / 12:58 pm

My boys absolutely love Playmobil. I wrote a post about it back in May called 'Playmobil Presents the Perfect Family'. The only problem I have with it is that bits of it keep getting lost and I am positively drowning in all the little people and their paraphanalia!

2. miss leslieanne 29th July 2009 / 6:54 pm

ah, fun!<br>can&#39;t wait til the little dude is ready for &#39;proper&#39; toys – i used to have buckets of duplo when i was little, so am hoping he&#39;ll like it too 😀

3. Brit in Bosnia / Fraught Mummy 29th July 2009 / 8:09 pm

Playmobil is so great. Hours of fun and it really encourages them to be creative in the way they play. And it doesn&#39;t have batteries or make any electronic noise which is a pre-requisite of any toy in the Brit household!

4. mum space 30th July 2009 / 12:35 am

Our kids love Playmobil too. Some of theirs they have had since our son was one (he will turn six later this year) and it still looks pristine. Gotta love that from a toy. They especially love to take it in the bath.

5. kim 30th July 2009 / 2:45 pm

It warms my heart that Playmobil is still around, it was one of the few toys I remember my sister and I would play happily with together. Crazy that was almost 30 years ago. <br>What are you thinking of getting?

6. zooarchaeologist 30th July 2009 / 6:22 pm

Great that its long lasting stuff, if anyone is feeling generous we are after the Fire Engine and the Watersplash Zoo! lol!