I’m so behind with these Memes and Tags, that I thought that what I should do is literally just forget about all the old ones and try to start anew. That’s not to say that I am not grateful to everyone that awarded me with them. It is Monday morning after all though, so I think its reasonable to start afresh. l have been awarded this meme by Whistlejacket of BabyRambles who has a fairly new blog, but its better than mine, so I ‘m flattered she passed the meme to me. Her test is to come up with ten happy memories, being a sort of misery, this has been challenging. Anyway, here’s my best shot. I’ve cheated with a few, as they are general memories rather than specific times.
1.Playing in the garden with my sister when I was little. I particularly enjoyed building a tent using old sheets around the swing and learning to roller skate.
2. My marriage day will be forever in my memory. Now, what did I have for dinner?
3. Staying in a lighthouse on my honeymoon. Amazing isolation, seas and general happiness.
4. Snorkeling around Rottnest Island in Australia with my friends. I had never done anything like this before and it was amazing.
4. The birth of my children, well, not actually the birth itself, rather the aftermath shall we say.
5. Long, hot sunny days we spent on Holkham Beach in Norfolk as a child.
6. The long, hot days we have spent on Holkham Beach with my children.
7. A level results day. Yes! I knew I wasn’t thick, contrary to opinion at school
8. Going to Reading Festival for the first time. Just. Brilliant. Fun.
9. Walking through the door of the first house we bought. Its all MINE. In a manner of speaking.
10. The feeling when I found out I was pregnant after a lot of trying. Cake all round!
I could actually carry onto about 100 without any problem and if I wasn’t so generic with my memories, probably at least three thousand. This has made me sit and think about how lucky I am. There’s nothing I like more than a bit of reminiscence. Anyhow, I pass the baton to Mummy do That, Dotterel, Brits in Bosnia, Aussie Mum (who features in one of my memories) and Vic at Glowstars.