Snowy Day Resources

Sunny St Albans is once more home to snow. We are housebound. These are some of the resources I will use today and the activities I have planned…

Other ideas include:

• Bringing a bowl of snow indoor and making miniature snowmen
  • Making paper snowflakes
  • Glue pasta to paper instead of drawing peoples faces
  • Have a mini disco (the activity could lead to sleep!)
  • Indoor snowball fight. This might be an idea for the kitchen or bathroom!
  • Roll out some pastry and get them to press their hands and feet into it- bake it to make footprints which you can then spread with jam for a snack
  • Make a toddler photo album. Get them to pick their favourite photographs and help you stick them into a little booklet they can keep.
  • Making mini rag rugs for the teddy’s

I hope you find something here to help your day go a bit more smoothly

1. Glowstars 7th January 2010 / 11:21 am

The boy wanted to make paperchain men this morning so guess what our afternoon activity will be. I'm pretty sure it'll end up with us making paper snowflakes and all manner of scissor-related activities.

2. TheMadHouse 7th January 2010 / 11:21 am

Indoor snowball fight, you are a braver lady than me!!! Laptop has died a death, am working on it, will be in touch soon!!

3. jane 7th January 2010 / 1:29 pm

Miniature snowmen is absolute genius! You've just saved our afternoon from more fireman sam – thank you.

4. Hot Cross Mum 7th January 2010 / 3:46 pm

Great ideas and much needed inspiration after 3 weeks of pirates, racing cars and farms! Just need to thaw out my fingers now so I can actually hold a crayon!

5. Mark 7th January 2010 / 5:26 pm

We&#39;ve had painting <br />And sorting out old toys<br />And dressing up<br />And digital cameras – always good fun<br />And Bessie the steam engine too – see blog

6. MrsA 8th January 2010 / 6:53 pm

Great ideas, I&#39;m inspired, just wish JJ was a little older so I could do these! Although I did bring in some snow in a bowl for him – he ended up eating it. Oh well, I&#39;m sure he&#39;ll be creative one day!