Help! My husband is a better Mummy Blogger than me

It all started innocently with a little challenge; ” If it’s so easy, then you do it.” And so he did. Being male, he is naturally gifted with computers, he doesn’t need the help menu, he can just do it. He can upload pictures easily and video and he has a flashy Iphone.

My phone doesn’t even have a camera. I can just about turn the netbook on, although some days it’s a challenge when it goes into standby mode. Poo. It’s clearly all about the gadgetry and being male.

Things were going along well, my historic archive of links was keeping the hits up through Google searching and I was quite well indexed. I used Twitter. Then one day I just got fed up. I fell out of love with British Mummy Bloggers, I got fed up with the cliquey-ness of Twitter. Why won’t some people respond to me? I had a troll, I got hacked and someone got very upset and moaned about me. I got very busy back at work and then I trained to be a child-minder. Life.

So anyway, last month the hubby finally proved that he is indeed a better mummy blogger than me by appearing much higher up on the Tots 100 rankings. Gutted. I can’t live it down. So anyway, should you wish to prove that women are better than men, join in with some of my new initiatives to help me beat him this month:

• Talk to me on Twitter, after all, how many people do you know who really have excavated a skeleton, held ancient gold and conducted archaeological digs on a cave overlooking the beach in Nice, France? Oh, and survived three years sleep deprivation.
  • Join in with Position of the Week– life is not all serious you know and is a chance to show us all how flexible you are…
  • Include me in one of your Memes
  • Nominate me for the MADS if you happen to have enjoyed the odd post over the last few years
  • Enter my giveaway
  • Put me on your blogroll
  • Persuade me to rejoin British Mummy Bloggers
  • Go and be rude to the hubby

The last one is the most important. Thanks.

1. Mediocre Mum 30th March 2010 / 7:44 am

Sorry won&#39;t be able to help you with the BMB one but I&#39;m always around on twitter for a good natter and I did enter one of your competitions! Crazy thought….you could not enter the Tots 100??<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Chrissie (www.mediocremum.com)

2. notSupermum 30th March 2010 / 7:53 am

How very dare he?! I&#39;m usually around on Twitter in the evenings trying to get people to converse with me – I often have the same problem as you, tweeting into the ether!<br /><br />Btw, have you entered my competition for a deluxe pamper day at a spa? See my blog for info.<br /><br />I still think you&#39;re fab anyway x

3. cartside 30th March 2010 / 8:17 am

I don&#39;t understand the Tots100 anyway – I often come in higher than much more linked in blogs, and then I&#39;m out again for a month. No rhyme or reason. I try not to look at it (but often do peek). Still, you can&#39;t be down on the hubby, that&#39;s jsut so not on!!!

4. Elisa, Croatia 30th March 2010 / 2:45 pm

Funny post, I enjoyed and why not , I will talk to you on Twitter, afterall I think women are better at multitasking right?<br /><br />Saludos, and keep your chin up!<br />A Mexican Mommy living in Europe

5. Hot Cross Mum 30th March 2010 / 3:07 pm

How very annoying! I&#39;m not the best Twitter-er, but will do my best and as for the MADs nominations, are you actually offering bribes?!

6. Elisa, Croatia 30th March 2010 / 3:24 pm

by the way what is your twitter name? mine is Eolivas<br /><br />saludos,<br />A Mexican mommy living in Europe

7. www.worstsinners.com 9th April 2010 / 5:56 am

men, always very competitive. they rule they world and now they want to take over mummy blogosphere.lol<br /><br />don&#39;t worry your time will come and you will kick his sorry testostorone behind.