The Gallery Meme: Ugly

This week Tara’s theme is Ugly. I find this a hard one because there are very few things that are ugly, perhaps with the exception of those 1970’s pictures of old people gurning (spelling!). I was wondering what to do, then strolling through Verulamium Park I realised what I find really ugly. The vast quantities of rubbish that seem to just be discarded in natural spaces. I always have my camera with me, so I snapped an example.

Look at this horrible bread bag. Brought to the park by someone out to poison, sorry, I mean feed, the ducks and then discarded. Doesn’t it just spoil the calming flow of the water nicely…

1. Sandy Calico 6th April 2010 / 8:36 pm

What a shame. Litterbugs are an utter nuisance. How can people be so selfish? There are bins everywhere!

2. miss leslieanne 6th April 2010 / 8:44 pm

Grrr. Couldn't agree more. I hate litter. Hate hate hate it. If there's one thing my little man will NOT be, it's a litter bug.

3. whatshappeningatmyhouse 7th April 2010 / 9:16 am

Interestingly, litter is a recurring theme on this week's Gallery – and quite right too – it's just vile, isn't it?

4. Nova 7th April 2010 / 1:13 pm

You wonder why people bother taking bread to feed the ducks only to suffocate them with the bag. Madness. :0(

5. MuddynoSugar 7th April 2010 / 7:13 pm

Now that is proper ugly. I also think litter bugs is a brilliant expression and really sums it up. Definitely ugly.

6. Hayley 8th April 2010 / 7:48 am

Thats awful to see! It amazes me people can go somewhere to feed the wildlife and then potentially kill them by leaving a bag they can strangle themselves with!

7. Anjie 8th April 2010 / 7:54 am

Have you seen the coot nests? They utilise the litter to build their nests, then sit proudly atop a rubbish tip!