We have a silly amount of toys, some given to us by friends, family, PR companies, others bought by us. The other day I was looking at them and thinking that we should thin them out a bit and it occurred to me that the majority of them are not actually even played with. So here is a totally honest list of our best toys. It might be useful for Christmas…
- The Tomy Magical Melody Maker. This toy has delighted both my children and visiting ones. It’s perfect from birth and still entertains Toddler Boy at three and bit. Its the first toy that every child picks to play with.
- Fireman Sam Jupiter the Fire Engine. This is not the best quality, but kids seem to enjoy zooming it along the carpet as it makes a sort of grinding noise.
- Jo Jo Car. We were given this one recently and its proved a massive hit with Fifi (21 months) she loves running around the room with it shouting out the catch phrases.
- The Early Learning Centre Mini Sizzlin’ Kitchen. Although a bit flimsy kids seem to enjoy cooking on this.
- Clipo. I think this is hard to use, but the kids get it out time and time again.
- Buzz Lightyear. Toddler Boy loves this toy, he runs around the room with him and talks to him. Its one of the best movie tie in toys ever. If you have a little boy who likes the films you cant be without one.
- Lego. This needs no explanation, we don’t have any new stuff, the kids play with my Duplo from 1978 ish and the hubby’s technics 1980’s vintage. It lasts!
And to be honest that is pretty much it, we could easily throw away everything else. In fact, I’m very tempted.
For outdoors just get a Mini Micro T- Bar scooter It is quite literally the best thing ever for a three year old.