2011 for me will be a journey where I try to rediscover my pre-baby self. I predict it will be a strange journey of re-discovery, especially as I still crave another little addition to our family. However, common sense prevails and that is not to be. There are several aims;
- Try to go out without children more often, myself and the husband only managed 4 nights/afternoons out alone last year. It would be great to re-discover the fun times we used to have.
- Watch less television and spend less time fiddling about on the computer. I have purchased some board games to assist with this.
- Get fit, over the past year I have put on over a stone in weight and I look fat. This is no good, however more importantly I do need to be fairly fit in order to do my job, garden and run after the children. I’m probably still above average in fitness terms but I used to be able to run 5k without even thinking about it. I have set myself the challenge of a 5K, 10k and then half marathon this year. I have a few things to help with this including Your Shape on the Xbox Kinnect and you will be able to chart my progress on line with me if you wish. I have also engaged the services of a personal trainer to get me started!
- As part of this I will make a more concerted effort to eat healthily, rather than quickly.
- Sort out the house. This year I will clear out the clutter for good. Some of it has been following me about for over 30 years…
- Try to be the best mother I can and help my children with their transitions to school life, guide them to be kind and caring and above all else encourage them to enjoy life and have fun.
- Try to control the anxiety that has begun to plague my life.
I predict that it will be a journey full of ups and downs. However, I am optimistic.