Running Away

For various reasons Boy has decided that he doesn’t like school. It’s a shame as he was so looking forward to it. I have had the usual stuff; refusing to put on school uniform, kicking and screaming en route and general complaining. However, this morning things went a bit further. I dropped him off and literally gave him to a teacher and then I started to walk back down the path.

Faster than the speed of light a little thing flashed past me. It was a few seconds until I realised that it was actually boy running out of school as fast as he could. This posed a slight issue as I had Fifi in the pushchair. I had to gather my thoughts, then put the brakes on the pushchair and literally sprint after the little fella before he reached the road. Clearly security isn’t brilliant at the nursery, but I think it has to be the best display of thoughts about the place from a three and a half year old. And do you know what? To be honest, I really cant blame him…

1. Sarah in deepest, darkest Lomellina 19th January 2011 / 3:51 pm

Sounds like he is voting with his feet alright.<br /><br />Is there something specific about it that he doesn&#39;t like that another place could take off the table ?<br /><br />And a hug, cos aside from all the sorting out that has to be done you must have been very shaken to see how easily he escaped.<br /><br />TG you were still outside.

2. TheMadHouse 19th January 2011 / 5:55 pm

In would be a little concerned at him getting out of the place! I would hope that things improve, but if you remember it took about 4 weeks before MIni was happy about it all.

3. Fiz(Fizzie-Lou on Twitter!) 19th January 2011 / 7:12 pm

Z.A, I&#39;ll send you a DM on Twitter, I&#39;ll give you my email. My eldest has ADHD and school was a nightmare for us all until she left. No-one bothered to even try to understand.

4. Spencer 19th January 2011 / 7:36 pm

I saw your comment on twitter the other day (I couldn&#39;t reply as I was at work) but I was so angry for the little lad.<br /><br />But please don&#39;t despair. My daughter had a similar experience with a teacher (her teacher told her not to answer questions in class as the other kids couldn&#39;t understand her) but there are good teachers out there. My daughters current teacher, whilst only

5. Aussie Mum 19th January 2011 / 10:53 pm

Oh poor boy – so frustrating for you all when he was so looing forward to it. Fingers crossed things at school will improve for your little man.

6. Ramblemum 22nd January 2011 / 4:50 am

Would another place until next year help? A playgroup etc let him build his confidence up. You should be able to use his entitlement. Albert was an escape artist however for entirely different reasons (he was bored and wanted to see if he could)

7. Metropolitan Mum 22nd January 2011 / 5:54 pm