Today I could be…

• Building Lego Spaceships
  • Planting vegetable and sunflower seeds in little decorated pots
  • Colouring in
  • Driving cars over furniture
  • Cutting wooden fruit
  • Painting robots and aliens and monsters
  • Feeding ‘baby’
  • Shouting
  • Laughing
  • Dancing to the Glee Soundtrack
  • Making tiny fairy cakes
  • Playing board games
  • Polishing the windows
  • Reciting nursery rhymes
  • Wrestling on the floor
  • Playing hide and seek
  • Sticking scraps of paper to scraps of paper
  • Making clothes for soft toys
  • Running around in the park
  • Playing on the swing
  • Going to the shops
  • Hunting for snails
  • Chasing shadows
  • Breaking up an argument
  • Doing the laundry
  • Watching Cbeebies
  • Visiting the Zoo
  • Having coffee at a cafe
  • Drawing on the pavement in chalk
  • Feeding the ducks

If I wasn’t a working mummy.

1. sarsm 7th March 2011 / 8:23 am

Aw… Feel quite sad now.

2. missielizzie 7th March 2011 / 8:32 am

You make it sound really fun when you put it like that! Tee hee. x<br /><br />Shame you have to work, but on the plus side, you get to talk to real grown up people who have a wider conversational range than poo and Mr Tumble. I hope. :0)

3. PippaD 7th March 2011 / 9:27 am

The thing is, even though you work out of the home you still get to do those things. Sure you have to fit it in around your work schedule but as you know it is possible and you will love your time with your family all the more.

4. Muddling Along 7th March 2011 / 10:11 am

Don&#39;t – I&#39;m having a real wobble about Bigger and how she is getting on at the moment

5. Amy Georgina 7th March 2011 / 11:47 am

I feel your pain, am at my desk wondering what else the day could hold! Chin up!

6. Hot Cross Mum 7th March 2011 / 12:57 pm

Thanks for the reminder – even though I am at home I think I could do all those things – and yet often don&#39;t. The ironing will have to wait!

7. Elle and Belle 7th March 2011 / 11:23 pm

I love this post. You obviously love being a mum and appreciate all the joys being a mum brings. Your kids will be so proud of having a mum with such an unusual and interesting job. I reckon it&#39;s good for them to have a role model like that. I was a bit unnerved when I discovered that my 5 year old boy thought all mums stayed at home and did the washing up!

8. Elaine Livingstone 8th March 2011 / 9:07 am

as Im sure any full time parent will tell you it is not as idealistic as that, and the grass is always greener. <br />I got round this problem years ago by being a child minder ( long before all theses rules and regulations kicked in), so I could stay with my own and earn money at the same time.