When Sickness Strikes

I have to say that there is NOTHING, absolutely nothing worse than being poorly and still having to look after children. Yet another thing you cant appreciate until you have kids. I have spent a large chunk of the weekend in bed feeling dizzy, tired and a bit odd and now I have a coldy thing. The only remedy which appears to work is a large glass of cola. Of course, it’s something that I have most probably caught off the children who seem to be able to wake up at 5:30 and run around till 7:30pm without so much as a moments rest.

So, having children requires superhuman strength and power. Why did no-one tell me this? I guess if this gem was passed on, no-one would have kids. The thing with illness is that all potential help also vanishes as people don’t want to expose themselves to potential germs. Its all a bit of a nightmare. Suggestions gratefully received, on a postcard, you might not want to come near…

1. I'm So Fancy 31st May 2011 / 8:45 am

You pay double time. That overcomes the fear of germs. ha! I hear you. It sucks!!!

2. Marylin 31st May 2011 / 12:04 pm

Ahhh they do tell us though… we just don&#39;t think it could possibly be as bad as it can be. &gt;_&lt;<br />Hope you feel better soon, honey. *hugs* x

3. supergran 1st June 2011 / 9:18 pm

too late now to listen to the wisdom, but it gets easier as they get older and can fend slightly for themselves, they can then make themselves jam pieces and sweeties for a day or 2 then but it wont harm them…just dont feel guilty about it is my only advice…<br />(((hugs))) and feel better soon

4. Mark 2nd June 2011 / 9:15 am

I remember a holiday in Ireland when both Jane and I had vile food poisoning – we could barely move and yet we had the kids to look after. We took it in turns to sit with them between wretching and running to the loo. Urgh …… Horrible.

5. Melissa . C 5th June 2011 / 8:26 am

Aww, TOTALLY know how you feel! Us ladies must really have super powers! We manage to look after our little ones when we are ill. Though I cant help wonder why the men get to lay in bed and be looked after when they are ill? Are we too nice for our own good? Ahwel, we get on with it through sickness and the rest! I do really swear by multi-vitamins though, one a day keeps illness at bay! And if I

6. Beds 22nd June 2011 / 5:35 am

Not only superhuman , spiderhuman, megahuman, bighuman, hugehuman, human with big muscle, and what more is super patient