You can even get a jet skiing baby doll!

I have to admit I got a press release about this particular doll and it did make me laugh. Yes, I know I’m a misery but I think somewhere along the way the purpose and point of toys seems to have got a little, well, off the point of them. You see, you can now get dolls doing things that I would never even have the opportunity to do myself, but not in a ‘fantasy’ way. Dolls seem to do the real life activities of the rich, or the extreme sports fanatics and they dress as if they are standing on Californian street corners.

Since when did dolly role playing become like this? Quite so ‘adult’. In the late 1970’s and early 1980’s I remember Sindy’s horse and Range Rover being the ultimate in luxury outlandish activities for dolls. Fancy owning a Range Rover (like Diana)! But at least you could drive it about the living room. How does one go about getting their doll to jet ski? I can only presume you either need a massive bath, or your own swimming pool or that you will subject yourself to endless hours filling the paddling pool…

Anyone else seen any toys which encourage extremely expensive sports or similar?

Anyway, if you want one the set includes a my little BABY born® Doll and new battery operated pink jet-ski.  Priced at around £29.99, my little BABY born® Doll with Jetski is suitable for girls aged three plus and is available at all good retailers nationwide

1. English Mum 5th May 2011 / 7:36 am

Good god, as I said to you earlier (but don't like to 'waste' my comments on Twitter!), it's hardly the natural progression of Tiny Tears is it? First she cries real tears, then, wait, she gets a jet ski?…

2. mum2alesha 5th May 2011 / 9:43 am

Some amazing baby doll to be jet skiing haha 😛 <br />Wouldn&#39;t catch my baby jet skiing, don&#39;t think she has the magic powers lol x

3. Laura 5th May 2011 / 9:33 pm

I saw this in Toys R Us and it made me laugh out loud. They also have a horse riding one with a little riding hat…I mean, come on! She&#39;s a baby!!

4. Fiz. 5th May 2011 / 10:38 pm

I think one of the nastiest plasticky games around is Hex bugs – they are about £10 for one, you need lots of them to play with and various add on bits. It will probably be the Number toy for slightly older boys than your 4 year old.

5. supergran 6th May 2011 / 7:00 am

hhhmmmmm encouraging your kids to play near water….not a good idea….(imo)

6. Helen 9th May 2011 / 12:29 pm

I saw this in Tesco a few days ago and I burst into laughter. My fiancé turned around and asked what the hell was wrong with me. I couldn&#39;t speak so I just pointed and he had a look of &quot;What the F?!?!&quot; on his face when he examined the doll.<br /><br />What will they think of next!