Did you find out?

So we had our scan and found out the sex of the baby. This was something I was deliberating about for ages as I did find out with Fifi and Boy. I remember the absolute joy when we discovered Fifi was a girl, it was like time stood still and all my hopes had come true, purely because we wanted one of each. This time, since we had one of each it didn’t really matter. Or did it? I’m not sure, now I know, I know what is to come, what I can expect and what could lie ahead of me. Purely from experience. Perhaps I shouldn’t have asked. Too late now.

Still, the children can be prepared, so perhaps it is a good thing and I now have an understanding of what our family dynamics will be like in the future. Again I find myself shell-shocked. The whole pregnancy has been rather odd and I still cant quite believe that in not so many months there will be another little person making demands on my time. I hope it likes Cbeebies…

Did you find out? Is it different finding out third time around?

1. Emma 23rd August 2011 / 5:36 pm

I found out with my daughter after the sonographer assumed I had been told for some reason and let slip. With my son, it was quite obvious what he was at the scan! I don't regret finding out with either. It was a shock at first, but over time it really helped me bond with both of them before they even arrived…

2. Juicytots 23rd August 2011 / 5:48 pm

I found out all three times. I had a son, and then a daughter like you. One of each so it didn't matter about number three as I wasn't hoping for any particular gender third time around. Our third child was a girl which works well for us, but then I'm sure a boy would have been just as fun, just different.

3. Fiz 23rd August 2011 / 6:17 pm

I didn't know with my first, she was lying awkwardly and they wanted me to lie really still so they could check the baby. They didn't know and neither did I, plus it was not the Rosie's policy to tell at that time. Second time, they were selling scan pictures and felt that the baby was a girl and as soon as I saw the curve for her face, I was sure it was a girl! So I have two

4. PantsWithNames 23rd August 2011 / 8:19 pm

I didn&#39;t find out for my first two, but then did for my third. With 2 boy already a lot of family members were really hoping for a girl (not me I hasten to add, I know about boys and was a bit worried about the thought of haivng a girl). Anyway we decided to find out because if there was to be any disappointment over the sex we wanted it to be during the pregnancy and not at the birth. <br />

5. Muddling Along 23rd August 2011 / 9:25 pm

We found out every time – yes I&#39;m a control freak and it was at least one thing that I could know before the whole birth thing<br /><br />Having had two of the same flavour one thing I wanted to say is that no two are the same – ours could not be more different. So what has been in the past will not be the same this time and will probably surprise you <br /><br />With love x

6. Aussie Mum 24th August 2011 / 5:13 am

I found out with all three of my boys (mainly because I didn&#39;t like referring to my baby as &quot;it&quot; or &quot;they&quot;) but knowing the sex doesn&#39;t really tell you much about what your bundle of joy will be like. My three boys couldn&#39;t be more different from each other. They have very different personalities right from the start. Hope the pregnancy is going well and you get

7. Mark 24th August 2011 / 7:34 pm

So you&#39;re not telling then!<br /><br />We knew each time, but I can see why some people might want the surprise. They bring us joy (and more) regardless – hope all continues to go well.

8. Kat - Housewife Confidential 4th September 2011 / 9:51 am

With my first we had to have an amnio and so knew 100% she was going to be a girl. Even though I had planned not to ask with either of the others I can read a scan and it was obvious with both and I couldn&#39;t help myself saying &#39;oh my gosh it&#39;s a -&#39; both times which startled the sonographer 🙂