Things you think about whilst night-time feeding babies

• Should I have made different comment to a school mum?
  • I wonder if there is some sort of mathematical formula which gives you quantity of poo resultant of numbers of feeds according to developmental age/ weight
  • I hope this noise doesn’t wake the other kids
  • I hope this noise wakes that husband up as he seems to sleep through anything
  • Why am I wet?
  • Shall I just go and start doing chores as soon as this baby goes to sleep
  • Why does this baby only ever sleep during daylight or with his head resting at a really uncomfortable angle on me?
  • I hope the boy isn’t going to be bullied again
  • I hope Fifi and Ned don’t get bullied
  • What shall I wear tomorrow
  • I wish it was light enough to read my book
  • What shall I give the kids for breakfast
  • I must buy some more leggings
  • I wish I had bought those curtains I saw in the John Lewis sale
  • Shall I have another baby
  • Do I want a career?
  • Shall we convert the garage to a playroom
  • Do I need a haircut?

Not a lot of sleep happening at the moment…

1. Jen Walshaw 25th January 2012 / 2:32 pm

I remember those night and also the getting up. Sending you love

2. Gem 25th January 2012 / 2:56 pm

This is why I was thankful for a smartphone and Twitter whilst nightfeeding my youngest, a welcome distraction from the noises in my own head :)! First time around I spent hours sat thinking over things, making lists, looking at that spot on the carpet you really should get the stain remover on…

3. Muddling Along 25th January 2012 / 3:25 pm

Oh dear – I hope he sorts out day and night really soon<br /><br />Hang on in there – it is going to get better

4. Alex Walsh 25th January 2012 / 4:56 pm

I browse twitter one handed when I night feed. Although having sorted out media sharing to my smartphone, last night I was actually watching subtitled father ted at 4am whilst giving him a feed.

5. Mrs C 26th January 2012 / 3:11 pm

I seem to recall becoming quite good at scrabble on my iPhone when I was feeding LMC in the middle of the night. She would take hours and after a while even Twitter didn&#39;t seem to have anything left for me to read!

6. Mirka Moore 26th January 2012 / 7:16 pm

Oh hun, hope you get some sleep soon, thinking of you a lot 😉 M.

7. Scarletts Mum 31st January 2012 / 12:59 pm

Great article – reminded me of the reminders I used to set in my phone when breast feeding at night