|Give these ladies a medal someone...|
|After: Ta Dah!|
I can't tell you how efficient this made me feel. I wish someone could come along and do things like this for me all the time, the improvements to my quality of life would be massive! It was a real joy getting into a fresh smelling, clean car, even if I was only going to the supermarket. I just need to try to keep it this way, with children to transport that's a hard task.
Febreze recently commissioned a survey which has some quite interesting facts about all things car. I was actually really surprised to hear that men clean the inside of their car more than women – with almost half (48%) of men cleaning the interior at least once a month or more, compared to 37% of women.
I wasn't surprised to hear that on average we spend 312 hours each year in our cars, yet cleaning our cars is one of the nation’s most-neglected chores. Apparently a third of Brits clean the inside of their car every six months or less! I think we might fall into the less category, I *think* I did it last year...
If you want to seem like you have a flashy car its worth investing in an air freshener: 36% of Brits say their favourite car smell is that new car smell followed by leather seats (23%) and air freshener - whatever the scent (15%)
Febreze have kindly provided some top tips if you want to get out and clean the car. I'm currently making the children memorise them *evil mummy putting them out to work*:
SPICK AND SPAN INTERIORS
- Vigorously brush your carpets with a hard brush before vacuuming to ensure all dirt, dust and debris is removed.
- Remove any sources of odour (e.g. litter, mud, dog hair) from the interior and spray the car seats with Febreze Fabric Refresher.
- Clean the dashboard using a soft-bristle toothbrush with cleaning fluid in a circular motion to get into all the grooves.
- Use a large soft paintbrush to dust the interior trim, around the steering wheel and clean the air vents.
- Keep the air feeling fresh with a Febreze Car Air Freshener that will last up to 60 days and includes a fragrance intensity control for when you need an extra boost of freshness.
SHINY ON THE OUTSIDE
- Always wait for your car to cool down before you wash it to avoid soapy smears and deposits.
- Clean your car from the top down to avoid dirty water dripping on to the areas you have just cleaned.
- Roll the windows down when you clean them so you can reach the top edges.
- Avoid leaving your car to dry in the air as you risk smears – use a good microfibre cloth to dry off the excess moisture.
- Remember to clean your wheels and tyres after you’ve washed the rest of your car using fresh cleaning solution – this is because dirt lodged in the wheels may contain small stones/debris picked up from the road that could damage the paintwork.You'll find loads more Febreze info and competitions on their Facebook Pages