Booktrust is one of those amazing organisations which really does make a difference to children’s lives. It certainly changed the way my children think about books and they have aways been thrilled each time they received their free books.
Now Booktrust has announced the definitive list of 100 books to read before you’re 14. I’m quite pleased to say I’ve read lots of them! This is a great list and one which is actually really helpful especially with Christmas coming up and people asking for suggestions.
Booktrust experts selected the final 100 from an initial 500 books, drawing from over 90 years’ experience recommending children’s books. They are now asking everyone to join the debate and vote online for their favourites on the list. The nation’s top books will be announced on November 25th so pick up a book, get reading and tell Booktrust what you think!
To celebrate Booktrust are giving you the chance to win five books from the whole list. Remember, these book represent and reflect the eclectic mix of traditional classics and modern greats that Booktrust believe are must-reads to fire children’s imaginations and turn them into life-long readers. So its a prize well worth winning!
To be in with a chance of winning these fantastic books, all you have to do to enter is leave me a comment telling me your favourite book from the list. There are options for additional entry on the Rafflecopter widget.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- The prize for one winner is a random selection of 5 books from the list
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions
- If any item listed above is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute with an alternative item of similar value
- Winner will be selected from all valid and correct entries and notified by email or phone
- Winner’s details will be passed to a third party for prize fulfilment
- The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into