I was asked to design a fish dish for a new campaign from Seafish which is the national authority on fish called Ready. Steady, Cook Fish! The challenge was to design a recipe in 30 minutes using fish. I’m all for quick, easy, uncomplicated healthy dishes which are economical to make, so I thought I’d make up this pasta and Trout dish. This quick and easy dish is a perfect comfort food for those winter nights at home. You could serve it with come lovely fresh home-made bread but its equally as nice on its own. My children loved it, I hope you’ll enjoy it too.
1 packet of Trout (250 g)
3/4 packet pasta bronze fusilli pasta
one teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
grated rind of about 1/5 of a lemon
half teaspoon of dried oregano
a handful of frozen peas
freshly ground black pepper to taste
Method (overall cooking time 20 minutes):
1. Place the Trout into a frying pan and cook it lightly, not entirely (the trout will finish cooking when mixed with the pasta).
2. Cook the Pasta al dente
3. Flake the trout
4. Drain the pasta and stir in the cream cheese, lemon juice and rind and oregano. This should mix together and coat the pasta
5. Meanwhile pop the frozen peas in a dish and cover with water and a lid. Then cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the peas to the pasta.
7. Stir in the flaked trout and season with black pepper.
Serve with steamed asparagus stalks.
If you’d like to find lots more healthy fish recipes have a look at Fish is the Dish which is chock full of amazing recipes and inspiration.
Disclaimer: I was sent some ingredients to provide inspiration, but in the end did my own thing!