For many people Sunday nights are just not going to be the same again as Downton Abbey has finally come to an end. Sad times indeed as there is nothing nicer than sitting down with a nice cup of tea to watch your favourite programme. Anyway, all is not lost as Daz is here to “lighten the load”. They comissioned a survey of 1000 people to see which of the characters the British public most likely resembled. The results seemed to indicate that Lady Mary’s personality double is probably only an armchair away as a whopping two thirds of us display the characteristics of Lady Mary. This suggests that as a nation, we’re a progressive bunch who believe in tradition but are all for change if it improves the situation.
Lady Mary types embrace innovation and are always looking for new ways to use technology, but do believe in maintaining a work, life balance. They generally look for quick and easy solutions to everyday tasks, like laundry. Believing themselves to be loyal, elegant and passionate, having clean, perfectly pressed underwear that looks and smells good, is a top priority.
I think I’m probably a Lady Mary type, and I must admit i’m now wondering if I should get myself the DVD of the series and watch it through just to see!
Aside from Lady Mary, 15% of us share characteristics of the Earl of Grantham being stable, dependable and intelligent and liking a crisp white shirt to wear every day. Only a mere 10% see ourselves at the heart of the home like Mrs Patmore; satisfied with where we are, needing clean tea towels every day and using technology only when necessary.
Which one do you identify with?
- Lady Mary: 64%
- Loyal, elegant and passionate the Lady Mary’s are the next generation redefining tradition
- Great smelling, perfectly pressed underwear makes them happiest
- Earl of Grantham: 15%
- Stable, dependable and intelligent, they think of themselves as the head of the family
- Crisp, white, wrinkle free shirts are their laundry priority
- Mrs Patmore: 10%
- Down to earth, caring and forgiving, Mrs Patmore’s are the carers of the family and run the household
- Clean tea towels with no stains in sight are key
- Branson: 4%
- Moral, reserved and sceptical. They are traditional through and through
- Vests and shirts make up the bulk of their laundry, to keep them looking sharply dressed
- Dowager Countess of Grantham: 3%
- Proper, traditional and practical they prefer not to work unless they have to
- They don’t do the laundry. Ever.
- Thomas: 3%
- Ambitious, driven and successful they will do whatever it takes to help family get ahead
- Most likely suited and booted, they prefer to do washing as little as possible
In order to celebrate their research and to get the nation thinking Daz have really kindly given me 3 x Daz Regular Washing Powder and 3 x Daz go Pods to give away
All I’d like you to do is leave me a comment telling me which Downton Character you think you’re most like and why. We will randomly select 6 winners and I’ll contact you via email to tell you if you’ve won. The competition closes 20th November at Midday and the terms are clearly detailed here
Find out more about how Daz is lightening the load for the residents of Cleaner Close:
- For those missing the maids… https://www.facebook.com/daz/videos/vb.190265390996689/975323555824198/?type=2&theater
- Easy Daz it in the log shed…
Disclaimer: Daz statistics are not official ‘Downton Abbey’ or ITV statistics. Daz is not endorsed, sanctioned or in any other way supported by ‘Downton Abbey’ or ITV.