450 g lean lamb mince
2tsp sunflower of vegetable oil
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
1 x 2.5cm piece of fresh root ginger peeled and finely chopped
1-2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
2tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp garam masala or medium curry powder
4 medium potatoes, chopped
5- 10 ml white sugar
2 tbsp tomato puree
salt and freshly milled black pepper
1000g Wholewheat Fusilli Pasta
1 tin Cannellini beans
I packet of grated Mozerella
1. Heat the old in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over a low heat for 10 minutes or until soft and lightly golden.
3. Add the lamb and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato puree, cannellini beans and bring to the boil. Season, reduce the hear and cook uncovered for 20- 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water, if needed.
4. Cook the pasta so its al dente
5. Once the pasta is cooked mix the keema with the pasta and tin of chopped tomatoes, mix through the mozzarella cheese.
6. Divide evenly into three oven proof dishes and top with grated cheddar.
7. Pop the dish you want to eat tonight into the oven for about 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Or until the cheddar on top is nice and crsipy. Leave the other dishes to cool then freeze for use later on!
Readers of Being a Mummy can be in with a chance to win £50 by posting a picture of their own keema dish with the hashtag #CookWithKeema on Facebook or Twitter. So get voting for me and cooking yourself!