One book which we really enjoyed reading as a family last year was Rebecca Patterson’s brilliant Not on a School Night! It remains a firm favourite in our household and has lead to the children shouting their own little catch phrase back at me. The least said about that the better…
Anyway, at the moment my thoughts are turning to the school nativity and I’ve been coaching my daughter in the art of projecting her voice and trying to get her to remember her lines. I don’t think she will upstage my son who managed to have a nose bleed whilst standing behind the headmistress doing her introduction to the play. He needed to be carted off and missed the performance, he didn’t particularly want to be in the show but I thought that was going a bit far!
This book is a laugh out loud read for parents, but I think the more astute young readers and listeners may well be able to identify with it. After all, everyone knows a child who forgets to go off stage! If you like bright descriptive pictures alongside your children’s humour then this is the book for you and its perfect for this time of year. You’ll find loads more information about the book here.
We have very kindly been given 2 copies of The Christmas Show to giveaway. All I’d like you to do is to leave me a comment telling me all about your most memorable Christmas Show, did you do something silly when you were little? Or maybe you’re having a nightmare making the costume last minute? Did your child fluff their lines or were they adorably cute? If you fancy more chances of entering then just tweet me a picture of your Christmas show (@zooarchaeologis).
This was my little angel last year…
Terms and Conditions
- Competition closes: 18th December 2013 midday GMT
- Open to UK residents only.
- The prize is one copy of The Christmas Show for each of 2 winners
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions
- If any item listed above is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute with an alternative item of similar value
- Winner will be selected from all valid and correct entries and notified by email or phone
- Winner’s details will be passed to a third party for prize fulfilment
- The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into